Important information and who we are
- Use by children. The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Acceptance and changes
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data may include first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes mobile money account and payment details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or our partners.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
If you fail to provide your data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal information when registering on or submitting information through the Site or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Consent to collection. We will get your consent to collect your personal information when required by applicable law.
- Purpose for collection. We may process this personal information to:
- authenticate your identity in order to provide you with access to certain files containing certain logos and other forms of intellectual property belonging to us or third parties;
- gain insight into how our visitors use the Site and to improve our Site service;
- contribute to research and analytics studies, including use of artificial intelligence and machine learning;
- recognise, prevent and investigate attacks of our Site;
- comply with applicable laws;
- any other purposes that you indicate when you agree to provide it to us, such as purposes that you indicate by email.
How we use your personal data
- We may process your Personal Data to fulfil our purposes for collection set out above.
Your rights as an EU citizen
To the extent that local legislation permits or if you are a data subject residing in the European Union or the United Kingdom, you have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- The right to access your personal information that we have on record.
- You have the right to ask us to correct any of your personal information that is incorrect. These requests must be made to us in writing.
- You can ask JUMO to delete or destroy your personal information. You can also object to JUMO processing your personal information. These requests must be made to JUMO in writing. However, the result of such a request will be that JUMO may have to suspend the provision of products and/or services for a period of time, or even to terminate our relationship with you. JUMO’s records are subject to regulatory retention periods, which means JUMO may not be able to delete or destroy your personal information immediately upon request.
- You may also ask JUMO to port your personal information to another party in terms of applicable European Union and United Kingdom data privacy legislation.
Change of purpose
- If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal information
- Mandatory disclosure. We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons, such as:
- to regulators as law or governmental audit requires;
- law enforcement as subpoena or court order requires; or
- other third parties as applicable law requires.
- Change of ownership. In the context of a corporate restructuring, a change of control or other transfer of ownership, we may share the personal information we process with third parties to assure continuity of the website services.
- Sharing between JUMO entities. We may share your personal data within the JUMO World Group. This will involve transferring your information to various countries.
- We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies to follow the same rules when processing your personal information.
- Security measures. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Data breach. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- You may ask us to provide you with a description of the personal information that we hold on you, correct or update it or delete it (provided that we do not need it to fulfil our obligations to you or applicable law does not require us to keep it). We will take all reasonable steps to verify your identity before doing so. Please contact us with your name and any other information needed to identify you correctly if you want access to information or want us to correct, update or delete it.
- We will do our best to keep your personal information that we collect accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Participation. We may ask you to update your personal information but will take steps to verify your identity to prevent unauthorised access when doing so.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
- Retention periods.To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.